Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mississippi Roast


During the cold months I live off of slow cookers and soups, my two favorite things and this roast recipe is a favorite in my home. It is semi spicy, just has that perfect kick and will just fall apart as you shred it. So if you want to enjoy a sinfully slight spicy simple 4 ingredient roast. Make this.

I would like to also add I wrote down this recipe years ago but kept forgetting to take photos of it and put it on my blog. I do not know who the original poster is because this recipe is everywhere. So whoever you are thank you for the recipe. 

Ingredients:
3lb Roast (any kind you like)
1 Packet of Dry Ranch
1 Pack of Au Jus
1 stick of butter
8 Pepperoncini peppers
1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper

Instructions:
Place Olive Oil in pan and salt and pepper the roast, sear it just until it is brown on both sides. 
Take out and place into the slow cooker. Sprinkle on the ranch and aujus; place the stick of butter on top of the roast and top off with your peppers. 
Place on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Shred when done, you can thicken the juices for a gravy and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.







No comments:

Post a Comment